According to the CDC, preventative care includes health services like screenings, check-ups, and patient counseling that are used to prevent illnesses, disease, and other health problems, or to detect illness at an early stage when treatment is likely to work best. Getting recommended preventive services and making healthy lifestyle choices are key steps to good health and well-being.
Some preventative services are free, like an annual visit or the flu vaccine. It is estimated that if everyone in the United States received the recommended clinical preventative care, 100,000 lives could be saved each year. Check with your insurance plan to see what services are covered.
New To Insurance? Review the Health Insurance Marketplace (CMS.gov) recommended guide: A Roadmap to Better Care and a Healthier You
Recommended Health Screenings and Annual Wellness Visits
No matter your age, it is important to find a Primary Care Physician (PCP) you like and schedule an annual check-up.
Early visits are the best way to detect any changes in your health before they develop into bigger issues. Staying healthy increases the chances you’ll be there for your family and friends for many years to come. Here are recommended screenings by age group.
What Are These Screenings For?
- Blood Glucose Test – tests for risk of diabetes
- Blood Pressure Screening – tests for heart conditions
- Bone Density Testing – tests for signs of osteoporosis
- Cholesterol Screening – tests for heart disease
- Colonoscopy – tests for colorectal cancer or precancerous polyps
- Colorectal Screening – tests for colorectal cancer
- Coronary Screening – tests for heart disease
- Eye Exam – tests for vision, glaucoma, and macular degeneration
- Fecal Occult Blood Test – tests for early signs of colon cancer
- Hearing Test – tests for ear function
- Herpes Booster – prevents shingles
- Mammogram – tests for signs of breast cancer
- Ovarian Screening – tests for signs of ovarian cancer
- Pap Smear – tests for risk of cervical cancer
- Pelvic Exam – tests for signs of cancer
- Pneumonia Booster – protects against pneumonia
- Prostate Exam – tests for risk of prostate cancer
- Testicular Exam – tests for signs for testicular cancer
- Skin Exam – tests for signs for skin cancer
- Thyroid Stimulating Hormone Test – tests for under or overactive thyroid
We Can Help
Health Insurance is not only important when you are sick. It is helpful when you are not sick, too. Preventatives services can help you and your family live long, healthy lives.
Empower Brokerage wants to help you understand what coverage you need and how to save money from getting it. We want to help you stay on top of your health. CALL US at (844) 410-1320
Get affordable health insurance quotes by clicking here.
See our other websites: