AIG has released a list of topics to discuss with a financial advisor about protected monthly income through annuity plans. As you approach retirement it is important to plan and save so that you are not caught off guard by unexpected expenses. Too many people think of retirement planning simply in terms of accumulation when it is also very important to consider protected monthly income.
Why Is Guaranteed Monthly Income In Retirement Important?
Having a guaranteed monthly income during retirement that is protected from market fluctuation is very helpful for budgeting. It allows you to plan around your income rather than around a pool of savings.
Questions To Discuss With Your Financial Advisor
There are quite a few common questions around the topic of guaranteed monthly income, and you should consider asking a financial advisor about these questions.
- How much monthly income will I need in retirement?
- Discussing and calculating with a financial advisor how much you will need in the future is critical for setting yourself up for a comfortable retirement. Discuss topics such as your current expected protected income, your accumulated savings, and how much of your income you can protect from economic downturns.
- What if my expected income is less than I need for retirement?
- Discussing options to get the income you need with a financial advisor is a great idea, and if you have this question an annuity might be a good option for you.
- Are there costs associated and what happens if I need to withdraw money early?
- This can vary by the different annuity options. Talk to your advisor about your annuity options and what their plans’ associated costs are.
- Can annuities help protect me from losses?
- Annuities protect you from market volatility as they are guaranteed, and some plans protect the principal amount. Discuss your options with your advisor.
- How do I know that these options are safe?
- Insurance companies are rated on their financial strength by financial rating agencies, and you should discuss these ratings with your advisor.
Other Monthly Income Strategies Aside From Than Annuities
It could be very helpful to speak with your advisor about different strategies to protect yourself from a volatile market and rising healthcare costs other than annuities as well. An annuity or other strategy can protect you from volatility in investment markets and make your retirement budgeting much easier.
Empower wants to help you get the best insurance for your needs and the most for your money. We want to help you stay on top of your health.
Give us a call at (844) 410-1320.
Get affordable health insurance quotes by clicking here.
See our other websites: